Sunday, March 1, 2015

Balayage vs Ombré!!


I often get asked by clients what the difference is between balayage and ombré, or if you can have both!
~ Balayage is a French technique of hair painting. You literally paint on the highlights to achieve a more blended and natural effect. 

~Ombres are basically any colors that fade from darker to lighter. 
So to answer some questions yes you can have both which is what I call a balayage ombré. To have a more blended ombré with no harsh lines I prefer to balayage(paint) the highlights on. The top picture is a picture of balayage highlights I did on my client so that she could have a more low maintenance blonde. The second picture is a balayage ombré. Notice the highlights are a little lower creating the dark to light effect. In both of these pictures I used my client's natural base color which is great if you want very low maintenance color that looks beautiful for months and months..




No comments:

Post a Comment